The Petrides SchoolEducational Excellence for the 21stCentury
715 Ocean Terrace Staten Island, New York 10301
Mr. Anthony Tabbitas, High School Assistant Principal
(718) 815 - 0186
Showplace Entertainment Center
Bowling with Panthers 2-4 pm
$15 per person includes
2 hours Bowling includes:
Slice of Pizza, Drink and Shoe Rental
Make your team of 6
Family + friends & teachers invited
Students can see Ms. Pat, B125 for Permission Slip or
Contact the PTA D31R080PA@schools.nyc.gov
Checkout the new
Community Service and Civil Service Oppotunities links
Tuesday, April 21, 2020– Saturday, April 25, 2020
Enjoy a five day/four night all inclusive Senior Trip to Orlando, Florida.
The Senior Trip this year will include the following:
- Four nights lodging in the Disney’s Coronado Springs (four students to a room.
- Entrance to all four Disney World Theme Parks (The Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.)
- Entrance to a Disney World water park (Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.)
- For breakfast vouchers and four lunch/dinner vouchers.
- Roundtrip plane transportation on United Airlines from Newark to Orlando.
- Coach bus from Petrides to and from the airport.
COST: $1975.00 per student.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Doctor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Report Cards will be distributed on Nov 13
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Nov 14
Afternoon 12:30 - 2:20 pm
Evening 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Applications are available for the
CollegeNow program at
The College of Staten Island
Activities, Clubs and Teams
Petrides has a number of clubs, teams and activities available to our students. We are hoping that all of our students get involved during your high school career in one or more of these wonderful clubs, teams or activities. Getting involved in a club, activity or team will not only give you the opportunity to purse your interests but also to make friends and have fun. It is proven that students who are involved in extracurricular activities have higher grades, less discipline problems and are more likely to get into the college of their choice.
Click the link to see all all of our Activities, Clubs & Teams
If you do not see the club, activity or team that you are interested in on the chart below you are welcome to start the club. Please see me anytime for information about any of the clubs, teams or activities or about starting a new club. Go Panthers!!!
***Senior Dues Notice***
Parents, Guardians of students in Advanced Placement Courses
Please review the following implimentations for 2019 - 2020
Applications for 2019 -2020 National Honor Society
are now available
Applications must be completed by November 7, 2019
High School Newsletter
National Honor Society
School Tutoring Service
All grades in all subject areas
Day Time Location Monday 1:30 - 2:20 B57 Tuesday 1:30 - 2:20
Wednesday 1:30 - 2:30
Thursday 1:30 - 2:30
Registrants will be matched to NHS tutors according to subject area and availability
See Ms. Salem for additional day & times
High School Student Support Center
Students in need of additional academic support can visit our Student Support Center. During lunch or a free period students can visit B130 to utilize a computer for school work or seek assistance from one of our available teachers. This is a wonderful opportunity for students who seek additional help in any of their subjects.
Free - Online Tutoring
with Khan AcademyFall Season Is Here
All of our teams are looking for participants. If your child is interested in joining a team, have them speak to the coach. All sports require a medical and parental consent as well as a tryout.
All teams follow the PSAL Student-Athlete Eligibility Rules and Regulations. For more information visit PSAL RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
Students should contact Mr Duffy, MDuffy4@schools.nyc.gov our Athletic Director for more details.
PUPIL PATHParents should contact Mr. Doctor for Pupil Path information. email@example.com
Parents of HS Seniors planning on attending a CUNY
Students planning on planning on attending a CUNY in September and are not considered college ready must improve their Regents scores or pass a CUNY ACCUPLACER.
WHAT ARE CUNY’S COLLEGE READINESS REQUIREMENTS?
Students can demonstrate that they meet the University’s college readiness requirements based on their SAT, ACT, or NY State Regents test scores:
Reading And Writing
Students may meet the college readiness requirement in reading and writing by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT I Verbal score of 480 or higher or SAT Critical Reading score of 480 or higher or SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) section score of 480 or higher
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
- NY State English Regents score of 75 or higherStudents may meet the college readiness requirement in mathematics by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 500 or higher
- SAT Math Section (exam date March 2016 and thereafter), score of 530 or higher
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- NY State Regents:
- Common Core Regents: Score of 70 or higher in Algebra I or a score of 70 or higher in Geometry or a score of 65 or higher in Algebra 2.
- Score of 80 or higher in Integrated Algebra or Geometry or Algebra 2/Trigonometry AND successful completion of the Algebra 2/Trigonometry or higher-level course.
- Score of 75 or higher in one of the following:
- Math A or Math B
- Sequential II or Sequential III If you have any questions regarding your child high school transcript or if they are considered college ready, please contact Ms. Dennison, Ms. Troost or Mr. Tabbitas at 718-815-0186.
- For more information, check out the following websites