FALL CSI COLLEGE NOW
CSI College Now classes have just been finalized. All College Now information has been uploaded to the CSI website, complete with student registrations materials (www.csi.cuny.edu/collegenow).
Student registration will take place at the CSI campus in our College Now office, building 1A, room 208.Students must attend registration in person, first come, first served.
Students must bring the completed registration forms, along with a copy of their unofficial school transcript, and a copy of their social security card (if not previously submitted to our office), and a parent signed immunization form (no doctor stamp necessary) as per the registration directions.
CSI College Now is a nationally recognized school-to-college partnership between The College of Staten Island, New York, a branch of the City University of New York (CUNY), and the Petrides school. The program offers rigorous freshman-level college credit and developmental coursework without cost to high school juniors and seniors on the campus of CSI.
This course is open to high school juniors and seniors who meet prerequisite requirements and is free.
To register return the completed applications to the College Now office, building 1A, room 208 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 718-982-2326.
High School Newsletter
National Honor Society
School Tutoring Service
All grades in all subject areas
Day Time Location Monday 1:30 - 2:20 B57 Tuesday 1:30 - 2:20
Wednesday 1:30 - 2:30
Thursday 1:30 - 2:30
Registrants will be matched to NHS tutors according to subject area and availability
See Ms. Salem for additional day & times
High School Student Support Center
Students in need of additional academic support can visit our Student Support Center. During lunch or a free period students can visit B130 to utilize a computer for school work or seek assistance from one of our available teachers. This is a wonderful opportunity for students who seek additional help in any of their subjects.
Free - Online Tutoring
with Khan AcademyFall Season Is Here
All of our teams are looking for participants. If your child is interested in joining a team, have them speak to the coach. All sports require a medical and parental consent to tryout. All teams follow the PSAL Student-Althlete Eligibility Rules and Regulations. For more information visit PSAL RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
Students should see Mr. Duffy for more details.
Boys Varsity Bowling
Girls Varsity Bowling
Varsity Boys & Girls cross Country
Varsity Boys Football
Junior Varsity Boys Football
Varsity Boys Fencing
Varsity Girls Golf
Varsity Boys Soccer
Varsity Girls Volleyball
Varsity Girls Swimming
Varsity Boys Soccer
PUPIL PATHParents should contact Mr. Doctor for Pupil Path information. email@example.comVolunteer OpportunitiesCheckout the updates for volunteer opportunities in the community
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2018
Parents of HS Seniors planning on attending a CUNY,
Students planning on planning on attending a CUNY in September and are not considered college ready must improve their Regents scores or pass a CUNY ACCUPLACER.
WHAT ARE CUNY’S COLLEGE READINESS REQUIREMENTS?
Students can demonstrate that they meet the University’s college readiness requirements based on their SAT, ACT, or NY State Regents test scores:
Reading And Writing
Students may meet the college readiness requirement in reading and writing by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT I Verbal score of 480 or higher or SAT Critical Reading score of 480 or higher or SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) section score of 480 or higher
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
- NY State English Regents score of 75 or higherStudents may meet the college readiness requirement in mathematics by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 500 or higher
- SAT Math Section (exam date March 2016 and thereafter), score of 530 or higher
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- NY State Regents:
- Common Core Regents: Score of 70 or higher in Algebra I or a score of 70 or higher in Geometry or a score of 65 or higher in Algebra 2.
- Score of 80 or higher in Integrated Algebra or Geometry or Algebra 2/Trigonometry AND successful completion of the Algebra 2/Trigonometry or higher-level course.
- Score of 75 or higher in one of the following:
- Math A or Math B
- Sequential II or Sequential III If you have any questions regarding your child high school transcript or if they are considered college ready, please contact Ms. Dennison, Ms. Troost or Mr. Tabbitas at 718-815-0186.
- For more information, check out the following websites