Educational Excellence for the 21stCentury
715 Ocean Terrace Staten Island, New York 10301
Telephone (718) 815 – 0186 Fax (718) 815 – 9538
Joanne Buckheit, Principal Anthony Tabbitas, Assistant Principal
Mr. Anthony Tabbitas, High School Assistant Principal
(718) 815 - 0186
College Now Courses
College Now summer Registration will be held Monday, April 29th through Friday, May 3 from 2:00-6:00 pm at the CSI campus in the CollegeNow office in building 1A room 208.
A link to the summer 2019 student application can be found here. Students can also pick up an application in Mr. Tabbitas' office.
Please note the new immunization policy requires a copy of the immunization record for each applicant but does not require a doctors signature. In addition to the completed application, students should bring the appropriate documentation (copy of social security card, copy of unofficial transcript, immunization record). Applications cannot be processed without all necessary documentation.
All students must meet the prerequists requirements prior to applying.
A New Partnership
The Petrides School & Elevate Education
Executive Functioning is the target of this new Freshman Seminar workshop program. Check out their website for more information as well as some helpful tips to help students stay organized.
Elevate Education is a research-based study skills company. We train students to develop 21st Century study skills and academic behaviors used by the world’s highest-performing students, with the goal of unlocking greater levels of academic achievement. Elevate has been researching the science of student success for 17 years, and works with over 1 million students each year across 16 countries.
To our newly inducted
The Michael J Petrides School PTA is proud to offer our Annual Scholarship. Four graduating High School Seniors will receive a $1,000 scholarship award.
High School Newsletter
National Honor Society
School Tutoring Service
All grades in all subject areas
||1:30 - 2:20
||1:30 - 2:20
||1:30 - 2:30
||1:30 - 2:30
Registrants will be matched to NHS tutors according to subject area and availability
See Ms. Salem for additional day & times
High School Student Support Center
Students in need of additional academic support can visit our Student Support Center. During lunch or a free period students can visit B130 to utilize a computer for school work or seek assistance from one of our available teachers. This is a wonderful opportunity for students who seek additional help in any of their subjects.
Free - Online Tutoring
with Khan Academy
Spring Season Is Here
All of our teams are looking for participants. If your child is interested in joining a team, have them speak to the coach. All sports require a medical and parental consent as well as a tryout. Spring sports includes Varsity Boys Baseball, Varsity Coed Golf, Varsity Boys Handball, Varsity Girls Lacrosse, Varsity Girls Softball, Varsity Outdoor Track and Varsity Tennis
All teams follow the PSAL Student-Althlete Eligibility Rules and Regulations. For more information visit PSAL RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
Students should see Mr. Duffy for more details.
Parents should contact Mr. Doctor for Pupil Path information. email@example.com
Checkout the updates for volunteer opportunities in the community
THE MLK SERVE-A-THON
MLK Serve-a-Thon 2019
Join Hunger Free America for our annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serve-a-Thon. This year, we are hosting a week of service events starting on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 and finishing up on MLK Day, Monday, Jan. 21, 2019. Help us honor Dr. King’s legacy as a civil rights and anti-poverty leader and activist by volunteering to help advance food security in our communities.
Click here to register yourself or as a team.
Parents of HS Seniors planning on attending a CUNY
Students planning on planning on attending a CUNY in September and are not considered college ready must improve their Regents scores or pass a CUNY ACCUPLACER.
WHAT ARE CUNY’S COLLEGE READINESS REQUIREMENTS?
Students can demonstrate that they meet the University’s college readiness requirements based on their SAT, ACT, or NY State Regents test scores:
Reading And Writing
Students may meet the college readiness requirement in reading and writing by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT I Verbal score of 480 or higher or SAT Critical Reading score of 480 or higher or SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) section score of 480 or higher
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
- NY State English Regents score of 75 or higherStudents may meet the college readiness requirement in mathematics by documenting any one of the following:
- SAT Math score of 500 or higher
- SAT Math Section (exam date March 2016 and thereafter), score of 530 or higher
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- NY State Regents:
- Common Core Regents: Score of 70 or higher in Algebra I or a score of 70 or higher in Geometry or a score of 65 or higher in Algebra 2.
- Score of 80 or higher in Integrated Algebra or Geometry or Algebra 2/Trigonometry AND successful completion of the Algebra 2/Trigonometry or higher-level course.
- Score of 75 or higher in one of the following:
- Math A or Math B
- Sequential II or Sequential III If you have any questions regarding your child high school transcript or if they are considered college ready, please contact Ms. Dennison, Ms. Troost or Mr. Tabbitas at 718-815-0186.
- For more information, check out the following websites