Return to Headlines
Principal's Weekly Message (The Week of September 13)
The Petrides School
PRINCIPAL’S WEEKLY MESSAGE
The Week of September 13, 2021
Dear Petrides Families,
It was great to see so many of you at our "Back to School" event on Friday. This is an especially exciting return to school . . . we are looking forward to seeing all of our students on Monday morning!
A few reminders:
- Please complete the Daily Health Screening (for each child) and be prepared to show the results to staff members when you arrive at school.
- Staff and students must wear face coverings in the school building
Our school day hours are 8:00 am to 2:20 pm. Parents of high school students should know their child's schedule may be different based on the classes they are taking.
- We will be accepting students at our Stop and Drop service at Circular Drive beginning at 7:30 am. Staff will be available to take your child from the car: please have your child on the passenger side, if possible, and have your Daily Health Screening results available to show staff.
- Please do not exit your car on the Stop and Drop line, with all students returning - it is important we keep the line moving. If necessary, you may park in the visitor's lot and walk your child to the door.
- We plan to continue our morning arrival outside (weather permitting), to avoid large gatherings in the building. Staff members will be supervising students on the line-up; parents should not remain with their child.
- It's the first day of school, bus schedules may vary slightly as everyone adjusts. We suggest you arrive at your bus stop a few minutes early.
- Students will be eating lunch in the Student Cafeteria in shifts, to limit crowd in the space. All students will have the opportunity for outdoor recess; please dress accordingly.
- Regarding dismissal: while there will be designated "Parent Pick-up Parking" in the visitor's lot, we do expect campus to be crowded. Parents of older students may want to arrange a pick-up area on the perimeter of campus so you don't have to pull in.
Things you should know:
- Please see attached September Family Letter from Chancellor Porter. Also attached is the September issue of What's Happening in New York City Public Schools.
- All NYC schools serving students aged 12 and up, will have popup vaccine sites the first week of school. See attached "Vaccine Family Letter" which contains details and consent form. Parents are welcome to visit the site with their eligible child(ren) to be vaccinated. If you would like your child to be vaccinated and you are unable to be with them, please contact your child's assistant principal to make arrangements.
See you at school!