Principal's Weekly Message (The Week of June 27)
The Petrides School
PRINCIPAL’S WEEKLY MESSAGE
Congratulations to the Petrides High School Class of 2022!
We salute our 101 high school graduates! And, celebrate their accomplishments - 47 of them earned an honor roll GPA, attaining an average of 90 or better; 31 students will be remembered for their stellar scholarship with their name in gold letters on the Principal’s Permanent Honor roll. For the first time in Petrides history, EACH of our graduates received a college acceptance and most have chosen to continue their formal education in colleges and universities across the country in the fall. One has made the noble decision to serve our country by joining the Navy. They were offered over 7 million dollars in scholarship money!
Monday, June 29th is the last day of school for students.
- It’s a full day of school for Elementary and Middle School students.
- High School students should report to pick up report cards/transcripts and other end of year documents. Seniors should pick up diploma and graduation photos also.
High school report card distribution, textbook & device collection will take place in the Student Cafeteria between 8:00 - 9:00 am. Any students arriving between 9:00 am, and 2:00 pm should report to the main office to retrieve end of year documents and return textbooks and devices.
- ALL students should return any outstanding textbooks and books borrowed from the School Library.
- Any students graduating out of our school should return DOE issued devices, including iPads and Chromebooks.
- If necessary, families may pick up report cards on Tuesday, June 28th from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please note that our campus will be closed from June 29th through July 4th.
Summer Reading assignments and 2022-23 School Supply lists were distributed to Elementary and Middle School students on Friday, with their report cards. You can also find this information on our website as well: Petridesschool.com.
Please know that the assistant principals and I will be working throughout the summer planning for the 2022-2023 school year. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Elementary School Assistant Principal Jennifer Ponzi-Caputo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Assistant Principal BettyAnn Souffrin: email@example.com
High School Assistant Principal Anthony Tabbitas: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be hosting the following events prior to the start of the new school year (September 8, 2022):
- PreK and Kindergarten Orientation
- Accepted Students Day (welcoming our new 6th and 9th graders)
- Our Annual Back to School Day, allowing families to meet their teachers and drop off school supplies
REGARDING SUMMER PROGRAMS:
- Our Elementary School Summer Rising Program will be located at PS 54
- Our Middle School Summer Rising Program will be located at IS 2
- Our High School students needing to make up classes this summer will attend classes remotely.
Wishing you a wonderful summer!
See you in September 🙂