Transition to Remote Learning (Update: March 17, 2020)
The Petrides School
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE: Transition to Remote Learning
Dear Petrides Families,
Our staff is at school today preparing for our transition to Remote Learning. While this experience is new for all of us, I know that by working together, our students will continue to thrive.
Please know that, like you, we don’t want students sitting in front a screen all day. We will be assigning and suggesting other activities to get students engaged in other ways as well.
At this time, information is ever changing . . . we will communicate as we have updates to share.
Here’s what we know now . . .
Grab and Go Meals:
Please know that our kitchen staff is preparing Grab and Go meals, both breakfast and lunch daily. These meals will be available throughout this week at the school’s Main Entrance, Building B (between 7:30 am and 1:30 pm).
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL families (Grades PerK through 4) regarding GOOGLE Classroom:
We have created @petridesschool.com email address for all of our Elementary School students. Teachers will be reaching out via phone to provide you (parents) with log-in information and instructions beginning tomorrow and continuing on Thursday. We will also mail a hard copy of this information to your home.
Teachers will be using this platform for remote learning, including providing assignments, sharing learning videos and correspondence (such as class news and information). We expect that our young learners may need your support to navigate this platform.
Google Classroom will also allow teachers to communicate with parents (personally) about their child’s progress. You will need to access your child’s gmail account (within your Petrides School account) to see this information.
MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL families (Grades 5 through 12) regarding GOOGLE Classroom:
Most of our Middle and High School students are familiar with the Google Classroom platform. Teachers will continue to communicate and collect assignments here. Students will be invited to join additional Google Classrooms as elective and physical education teachers move to this on-line platform.
Regarding Log-in Information
- Teachers of Elementary School grades will be calling families with log-in information, including an access code to join their classroom. We will be mailing a hard copy of this information home as well.
- Middle and High School students were issued @petridesschool.com email addresses at the start of this school year and already have access to Google Classroom. Students should expect to receive invitations to join their teachers’ Google Classrooms, including core subjects and elective, foreign language and physical education classes that may be just be coming on-line.
- For Middle School students who may need help logging in, such as password resets, please contact Franca Wilson at email@example.com
- For High School students who may need help logging in, such as password resets, please contact Alan Doctor at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that partnering with parents is more important than ever. Please note the following:
- Elementary School parents may message their child’s teacher through the Remind app
- Middle and High School parents can send messages to teacher via email through PupilPath software/app.
- A full staff list of email address are available on our school website: Petridesschool.com
Please know that we are continuing to plan and organize our remote learning experience, we will provide further information as we know it. We will be in touch tomorrow regarding a scheduled “Pick Up” plan, for parents to come and get materials including workbooks and packets. Stay tuned . . .